Ok, so I’ve become a total literary snob, which means I’ve come to hate all contemporary novels, right? You can imagine my dread when my dad brought me a book to read which was written in 1999. I’ve been putting it off since he left. Besides, I had an Anthony Trollope book to finish, plus an Eden Southworth sequel to wrap up. But he’s my book buddy. He reads everything I send him and that makes me obligated to read whatever he sends me back. So I started this book, and oh my heck… I’m so hooked. I can’t put it down. It is so good and I love it. I’m gonna make my husband read it when I’m done – which will be a trick because he only reads warranties, directions, and ‘how to’ manuals for vacuum cleaners, welding equipment and car engines.
I now will have to give a qualification when I turn up my nose and snobbishly quip, “I don’t read contemporary authors… except for Frank Peretti” I’m halfway thru The Visitation . Highly recommendable.
In other news, I never do tags. But this one was fun. It came from DeeDeeUK
1. Who is your man? Geoff aka Geoff the Great aka Jefferson (I’m the only one allowed to call him Jefferson) And on a side note, he only calls me Honey, Jen, or Jenny (he’s the only one allowed to call me Jenny). Last week I was outside and all of a sudden I heard a man’s voice call, “JENEFER!” it took me a while to realize it was my husband calling for ME. It was weird. I don’t think he’s ever called me that the whole time I’ve known him. I actually almost got offended.
2. How long have you been together? 14 1/2 years married but, uh, like 15 years including meeting each other and being “engaged”.
3. How long dated? Several months
4. How old is your man? 35 (nine months younger than me)
5. Who eats more? Him
6. Who said “I love you” first? He did
7. Who is taller? Him – but not by much!
8. Who sings better? I think we’d probably tie. Neither one of us sings terribly, but neither one of us are exceptional. Coie beats us both hands down
9. Who is smarter? Depends on the area… in 1800’s Literature – ME, History – ME, English/Grammar – ME, Math – HIM, Fixing Stuff – HIM, Figuring out stuff – HIM. But we’re both social retards
10. Whose temper is worse? No contest. Mine. He doesn’t even have a temper. It’s weird.
11. Who does the laundry? Ryann the Laundress
12. Who takes out the garbage? Bobo
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Him
14. Who pays the bills? He does
15. Who is better with the computer? We have a system: I use it all the time — he fixes it all the time.
16. Who mows the lawn? Ryann and Emmiko
17. Who cooks dinner? Me
18. Who drives when you are together? Him. I hate driving. I try to avoid it at all costs. I’m really bad at it.
19. Who pays when you go out? Him
20. Who is most stubborn? Depends on what the issue is.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? We are both pretty good at this now.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? His
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me first – which was weird because we’d just had a long talk the week before about how awkward we felt because I thought he had a crush on me, and he thought I had a crush on him and we both only wanted to be friends.
24. Who asked who out? We were completely and totally only friends and would go out all the time together
25. Who proposed? I wouldn’t call it a proposition. He said, “Well, my step dad said that we ought to go ahead and tie the knot since you’re pregnant”. Romantic, no?
26. Who is more sensitive? Me
27. Who has more friends? I think it might be a tie.
28. Who has more siblings? He has five, I have four, but I have more ‘full blood’ siblings (by one)
29. Who wears the pants in the family? He does
30. How did you meet? Our goofy friend George Calhoun introduced us.
Thanks DeeDee! That was a fun tag. I never do tags.
My son, Dippy, just came in my room and asked if we could ‘have a little prayer together’. And then he prayed for all sorts of stuff and ended it with, “And dear Lord, please help my mom live as long as she’s sposed to”.
Apparently I am, indeed, raising a Calvinist.